Are you planning for a long road trip vacation with your furry baby? Don't forget to take all his nutritional needs. Carrying everything that you need is indeed on top of your to-do list while packing a bag for a trip. However, you should never forget to carry what your pet needs. After all, taking care of him is your responsibility.
But do you know that once you open a bag or can of dog food, you need to shift the leftover content in a storage container, or it will lose its nutritional value with time? Proper food storage is essential to prevent the spoilage of food and to avoid the risk of feeding something that will end up giving a stomach ache or irritable bowel to your little furry baby. Of course, investing in an airtight container will do the job for you.
Before you shop for an airtight container, keep in mind that food bags don't contain proper air-tight lid, and thus, it is easy for the content to get spoiled even in a few days.
But do you know what makes your dog's food to spoil?
Moisture and air:
If not kept properly in an air-tight container, your dog's food will remain exposed to the bacteria that can get into your dog's belly with the food and could make your dog sick. Also, with time, it will start to break down slowly and degrade the food's nutritional value.
Likewise, if not kept in a dry and cool place properly, the food will get wet with moisture, and the mold will start to grow inside the food bag. Nobody wants to feed their little puppies molded food! With dog food storage containers, you can preserve the food's freshness and nutritional integrity for a long time.
Like any other food, dog food also gets spoiled faster with high temperature and are ideally said to be stored at a low temperature. This is exactly where you must invest in a good airtight container. Dog food container makes the storage easy and stress-free.
Your dog itself:
Yes, you heard it right. Your little fluffy friend can always find the food quickly, spill the content from the food bag, or even eat them in bulk; overeating can cause severe stomach problems for them. To avoid any wastage like this and prevent your dog from illness, it is always good to secure the dog food in an air-tight dog food storage container.
Some inescapable benefits of buying dog food container are the following:
- Storing food in a dog food storage container will keep it fresh as long as the duration of its shelf life.
- Dog food container will prevent the spoilage of food from air, moisture, water, dust, temperature, etc.
- Food containers will also keep your dog's food safe from pests, insects, bacteria, and other organisms.
- It will prevent your dog from overeating (in case it finds the food bag kept open behind the shelves when you are not at home!).
- It preserves the nutrition, taste, and texture of the food.
- Food storage provides better accommodation of the content and is more convenient than a polybag or cans.
- Some big-sized food containers also come with wheels attached at the base for easy transport of the food during feeding time.
- Some containers can also store as well as dispense the food.
If you are now thinking of buying a dog food container to ease your burden and prevent any health risk for your little puppy, then you can always search around Petquiry to shop for a dog food container available with a portable handle, measuring cup, and pour spout online.